“I wish that I had let myself be happier.” That’s one of the most common regrets of the peace who face death. In her book, “The Top Five Regrets of the Dying”, palliative carer and author Bronnie Ware shared the importance of allowing ourselves to enjoy life in the present moment.
Here are 12 simple ways you to be happier starting from today:
- Feel gratitude for what you do have
- Seize the day with the intention
- Get outside and move your body
- Socialize with friends, why not host dinner?
- Write a gratitude list of at least 5 things you’re grateful for about your day
- Dance to music you enjoy
- Check-in with your friends; how are they doing?
- Send a gratitude text to a loved one to let them know you appreciate her/him
- Wear the things you want to wear only when you “slim down” Do it now
- Listen to a podcast on a subject that passionates you
- Write down 10 things that bring you joy in life
- Declutter your home and clean up your space
Don’t chase happiness, attract it.
Happiness is energy. You embody it when you let yourself have fun and start enjoying your life. Whatever you’re going through, there is always a silver lining. Research shows that people who write a gratitude journal are 44% more likely to be happier, healthier, build better relationships, and experience lower stress levels.
Write in a gratitude journal daily such as The Gratitude List journal) and make it a habit to celebrate life every day. You are worthy of this. Enough hiding, darling. Time to shine.